Mega Semadhi wins the Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang 2013


The 10th edition of the Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang was hit by a solid swell, and the the mythical left-hander was pulsing with deep tubes.

The highly contested four-man final, saw perennial finalist Semadhi lock in a near perfect 9.7 on his last ride to jump from third to first and defeat lone international Jacob Willcox, Raditya Rondi and Alex Rudiarta.

"This win means so much to me, here at my home and in front of my family, and because of last year too. In those final minutes I was trying to be patient, thinking that if I could lose in the final minutes like last year, I could also be the one to win in the last minute too", reveals Semadhi.

"When that last set came in I said not this one, not this one, I gotta pick the right one. And then it was like a fairly tale come true when I heard the score and that I won".

Semahdi is currently studying to be a Hindu priest, and perhaps part of his studies is about patience as today it certainly paid off for the young man.

Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang 2013 Final:

Mega Semadhi (IND) 16.45
Jacob Willcox (AUS) 14.90
Raditya Rondi (IND) 14:90
Alik Rudiarta (IND) 11:90

0 commentaires: