Kelly Slater will launch surf apparel brand


Kelly Slater will develop his own apparel brand with the support from Kering Group.

After more than 23 years together, Kelly Slater and Quiksilver parted ways. The end of a long marriage will also mark a new stage in the Floridian's business life.

Slater has teamed up with the Kering Group, owner of Volcom, to create and develop from scratch his own surf insignia.

"I'm embarking on a new journey. For years I've dreamt of developing a brand that combines my love of clean living, responsibility and style," explains Kelly Slater.

"The inspiration for this brand comes from the people and cultures I encounter in my constant global travels and this is my opportunity to build something the way I have always wanted to."

With Kering as a new partner, Slater's ventures will definitely play a new role in the surf industry monopoly ultimately dominated by Quiksilver, Rip Curl, Billabong and O'Neill.


The Kering Group will support Kelly Slater's apparel brand in sourcing, logistics and e-commerce. The Floridian will participate in initiatives around sustainability involving his new partner.

0 commentaires: