Kelly Slater to Return to 2014 World Tour

Kelly Slater, in a familiar postion. He’ll be back for more next year. Photo: ASP / Cestari

Kelly Slater will not be retiring after winning the the 2013 Billabong Pipe Masters, the 56th elite tour victory of his career.
“Last year, someone asked me what excited me in the end years of my career,” he told the ASP. “I said I would like to surf a Final at Pipe against John John, so that’s pretty special,” Slater continued. “I want to surf against the best surfers at the best waves – that’s why I’m on tour.”

Slater’s competitive fire has always been obvious, and after Mick Fanning’s incredibly close World Title win in the Quarterfinals, he’s decided that he’s not backing down. “I was obviously emotional today, especially after Mick (Fanning) clinched the title in the Quarters,” said Slater.
“I don’t know what happens for me in 2014, but I think that has pissed me off just enough to come back.”

0 commentaires: