Adriano de Souza wins the 2014 Australian Open of Surfing


Adriano de Souza and Carissa Moore have conquered the 2014 Australian Open of Surfing, at Manly Beach, Sydney.


The surfer from Guaruja defeated a very in-form Julian Wilson in the final. De Souza is the first Brazilian to win the Australian Open of Surfing.

"I've got so much respect for Julian Wilson, he's number six in the world and the best guy in the event. I was lucky that he fell off a few times in the final," say Adriano de Souza.

"It's great to have the support from the Brazilian guys in the event and the fans on the beach. It's the perfect start to my year. It’s been such a great event, thank you to everybody."

De Souza's score was a whopping 17.20 points to Wilson's low 8.34pts, thanks to a super quick start that saw the Brazilian rack up two excellent waves before a strong southerly change whipped up conditions.
Meanwhile, Carissa Moore, the ASP Women's world champion pulled a completely controlled, fins out, full layback at speed to overcome fellow Hawaiian Alessa Quizon.
"I got that 9.43 in the Final, and it was such a nice wave, but I didn't expect to get that score. I did a speed floater and then tried to push the last turn as hard as I could and I'm just stoked that I popped back up after it," adds Moore.

2014 Australian Open of Surfing Men's Final:
Adriano De Souza (BRA) 17.20 def. Julian Wilson (AUS) 8.34

2014 Australian Open of Surfing Women's Final:
Carissa Moore (HAW) 17.10 def. Alessa Quizon (HAW) 15.80


Final Day Highights - Hurley Australian Open of Surfing

Final Day Highights - Hurley Australian Open of Surfing

0 commentaires: