Jacob Willcox claims the 2014 Australian Open of Surfing Pro Junior


Jacob Willcox and Ellie-Jean Coffey have claimed the 2014 Australian Open of Surfing Pro Junior, at Manly Beach, Sydney.

The young surfer from Margaret River had already showed his potential with a heat win over Kelly Slater in Portugal, last year.

This time, Willcox claimed one of the biggest wins of his very young career. The 16 year-old goofy footer defeated Leo Fiovaranti in the Australian Open of Surfing Pro Junior final by only 0.6 of a point.

"That was really close, I'm so stoked! Leo is a great surfer, he had a chance to overtake me at the end and fell just short, but he's been on fire all event".

"I love surfing, I love competing and I've had a great time. I've made the quarterfinals at a couple events already this year, so I'm really happy to take one out."
Gold Coast surfer Ellie-Jean Coffey stormed to first place in the Junior Girls, after a tough final against Bronte Macaulay.


"I didn't want to over think anything, I knew that doing three good turns would win me the final and so that's what I did. This is my first event of the year, and it's a great way to start 2014," adds Coffey.

0 commentaires: